Thursday, 15 December 2011
With Christmas just round the corner, time will be precious - and any timesaving applications are always welcome. POYNT is a FANTASTIC mobile app that is perfect for the crazy pre-Christmas rush. The best news – it’s completely free!
Poynt is a local search application which allows you to find businesses, restaurants, cinemas and events in your local area and will even provide directions to them for you.
The Poynt app is ideal for busy parents for a number of reasons. It allows you to find shops, supermarkets, doctors, pharmacies, crèches, swimming pools, museums, zoos, cinemas, ice rinks, restaurants etc. wherever you are!
Search for local family events – Christmas fetes, festivals and markets Book tickets for Christmas films at the cinema, the pantomime, and other leisure activities - you can even make a restaurant booking!
The great news is, the app is available on all mobile platforms.
SAVE TIME - Avoid copy and pasting details – MAKE CALLS DIRECT FROM THE APP! You can find out all detail via the Poynt website however, here are a few of the key USPs below for you:
- Poynt is completely free to use. It offers users the chance to find businesses, cinemas, restaurants and events in their local area.
- It is available in eight countries – USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Australia and will shortly be available in India.
- Whichever country you are in the directions and info will all appear in English if you are English or in the local language if requested.
- It is available on the iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Blackberry Playbook , Nokia QT, Windows Phone 7 and Android.
- The app is deeply integrated with the handset so that you can add details to your contacts and calendar, call businesses, share the details via email twitter and Facebook with friends and send invites all within the app itself.
- iPhone/iPad iPhone features allow call gesture to call restaurants, cinemas, businesses etc. by holding the handset to your ear whilst the AR functionality allows you to walk to your chosen destination with arrows pointing the way – ideal if you are visiting a new location.
A great little app - and all for FREE!
Wednesday, 14 December 2011
Wednesday, 7 December 2011
Thursday, 1 December 2011
It's only a matter of time before the snow arrives so when I was asked to review these amazing Hi-Tec St. Moritz Snow Boots I jumped at the chance. I fell in love with them the minute I saw them. When they finally arrived I was like a child on Christmas Day. I just think they are stunning - I even used up half my memory card taking pictures of them...
Since then, regardless of the lack of snow, I've worn them on every 'mild' day there's been! They are sooooooo comfy!
I just love attention to detail on them. Snow boots can be so ugly. FACT. These are just gorgeous and the pictures don't do them justice.
The Snow Boots use Hi-Tec's Thermo-Dri waterproof technology to make them the ideal casual winter boot. With a fleece lined upper and Thinsulate insulation your feet will be toasty and dry all winter long - whatever the weather.
The faux fur collar and fashion detail will keep you at the top of the style stakes whether your all-weather Christmas shopping or heading to the slopes.
The St. Moritz also comes with a removable sockliner and a moulded foot bed with a moisture wicking lining to keep your feet fresh and dry.
I just LOVE them - can you tell? I'm even willing it to snow!!
- Waterproof suede leather and mesh upper
- 200 grams Thinsulate™ insulation
- Metal top hooks and Ghilley lacing system
- Abrasion heel and toecap for protection
- Faux-fur linings for warmth
- Comfort-Tec contoured sockliner
- Board lasted with steel shank for added rigidity and support
- CMEVA midsole for cushioning
- Winter traction, siped outsole rubber design