Related Posts : 1992 Barcelona Olympics, meme, Olympics
Monday, 18 June 2012
Ooooh - I just got tagged by Kate over at Another Goldfish in her 2012 Olympic meme. It involves me answering 9 Olympic related questions (originally started by Lou from Bloggomy) so here goes...
1. If every day tasks were Olympic events what would you get a gold medal in?
Hmmm, washing without ironing (where possible). I'm sure you all do it - but if I put a clothing wash on, I hover nervously around the machine until the door clicks open and drag the clothes out as fast as I possibly can to avoid creases - if you hang them/tumble them in time then no iron is required. It's a fine art!
2. As a child (or now even) did you excel at a particular sport and if so which one?
Er... no... not unless the sack race is a world recognised sport! In fact I was probably the worst in my year at any kind of track event - I remember my PE teacher saying I had a good arm for javelin once but that was a one off lesson! Maybe I could have made it if me and my arm had been nurtured.
3. Michael Phelps (swimmer) or Michael Johnson (runner) – which sport appeals to you more? Ooooh tough one, swimming is fun and the spinny thing they do in the water to turn (my knowledge of swimming as a sport is immense - can't you tell) has always fascinated me but for me it has to be track events. When I was about 10 years old one of my favourite things to do was run as fast as I could for 10 seconds and pretend I was winning the 100m. i love watching runners and I love the nervous feeling I get when Im watching the relay - eeek - dont drop the baton!!
4. How fast can you get out of bed and ready to go out the door if miss the alarm and sleep in?
Unfortunately this is becoming a regular thing - but I can be out within 13 minutes provided the 'non-iron' event in question 1 has worked and I don't have a non-iron failure.
5. What fantasy sport would you like to see made into an Olympic event?
Oooh - getting the kids up and dressed in the morning - I train every day for this event - Im ready to win gold!
6. Claim to fame time – Have you ever met an Olympian and who was it?
Hmmm, I saw Kriss Akabusi once at Manchester Airport in 1999 - does that count?
7. What event in past Olympics can you remember most vividly?
I'm pretty sure I watched the whole of the Barcelona 1992 Olympics - I was 10, I'd race home from school and turn the TV on. I remember Sally Gunnell being my ultimate heroine when she won Gold in the hurdles and then she and the GBR team won bronze in the 4x400m relay. The men won bronze too - cue huge crush on Roger Black! Kriss Akabussi (my mate from the airport) won bronze in the hurdles and Linford Christie - well he won gold in the 100m!! Oooh and Chris Boardman won gold with that strange pointy helmet and Steve Redgrave and Matthew Pincent won the rowing. Amazing - I don't think we've ever done that well since!
8. Tuning in at home, not for me or tickets clamped ready in sweaty palms?
At home at the moment - living so far from the big smoke meant we couldn't afford it. I did try and get tickets but missed out (lucky really considering I proabbly wouldn't have been able to pay the mortgage if Id been successful!)
9. Who do you think most deserves a gold medal (any walk of life not just Olympians)?
Parents - because we all have it tough and we plod on no matter how bad life gets. No matter how we feel we keep calm and carry on- because we know that our little people need us.
Now it's time to pass the Olympic torch on to another five bloggers:
(which I will do tomorrow because it's sooooooo late)
Night night x